49 things I want to do before I turn 50 on November 7th, 2011
1. Go to France.
2. Learn to change a flat tire.
3. Bake a pie from scratch.
4. Design and produce a stylish raincoat.
5. Memorize and master all the basic yoga poses.
6. Visit each Tacoma shopgirl and write reviews on Yelp!
7. Have dinner at The Herb Farm.
8. Locate and plant a Sonja rose.
9. Plan a trip to Norway with my girl cousins.
10. Write a screenplay.
11. Take a CPR refresher course.
12. Take a swing dancing class.
13. Create more jewelry with a goal of selling it at my store.
14. Start a fashion blog.
15. Buy and customize a tiny vintage trailer and go on a tiny trailer trip with other t.t.enthusiasts.
16. Go river rafting.
17. Paint and decoupage all the furniture that has been "waiting" in my garage.
18. Create an on-line version of sonja - clothes to live in.
19. Find a place and make it home sweet home.
20. Work with Mo at Mad Hat Tea to create a sonja or shopgirl blend of tea for the shop.
21. Start writing my book on ideas.
22. Create a signature fragrance based on my favorite scents.
23. Take a pastry class.
24. Repaint a wall at the shop my favorite shade of pink.
25. Set up a tea area at the shop.
26. Arrange a shopgirl train trip to portland.
27. Go bicycling around Vancouver, B.C. (again)
28. Write a letter to my future grandchild(ren).
29. Pitch a tent at a Washington State park with wike friends.
30. Read Life of Pi.
31. Go to a Canyon Ranch type of place.
32. Volunteer at the Humane Society.
33. Teach my old dogs some new tricks.
34. Set healthier boundaries.
35. Go fishing.
36. Learn more about Chinese herbs and tea.
37. Roadtrip down the Coast to Southern Oregon.
38. Sew an apron with fabric and trims collected over the years.
39. Host a slumber party with my favorite women for my 50th birthday.
40. Sit down with my uncles Lloyd and Gene and document our family stories for the next generation.
41. Start a tiara collection.
42. Embrace technology; video camera, ipod, and whatever else Melody tells me I should be up on.
43. Update my will and do some estate planning.
44. Hire a personal trainer.
45. Start a creativity circle.
46. Learn how to knit.
47. Create an art studio at home.
48. Grow 5 vegetables.
49. Make peace with the past.