Monday, September 27, 2010

from journal to blog.

I love paper.
Given the choice of writing in a beautiful paper journal or sending my words out into cyberspace?
Give me a journal.
Maybe it's the idea of a brand spanking-new diary. 
Blank pages. A fresh start.  A new beginning.
Maybe it's a control issue.  A journal I can tuck into my underwear drawer.
Pushing the "publish" button?
Not so much.
And what if somebody reads it?
And comments?
And they are unkind?
I'm kind of sensitive.

I'm committed to paper.
Marta mocks me.
Tells me I could "sync all these up"
I also keep a little paper datebook.
And phone book.
My to do list.
All on paper. 

I also write thank you notes. And send cards for no occasion.
It must stem from that feeling I get when  nestled in between the bills and junk mail, there it is.
Familiar hand writing.  My best friend's.  My favorite aunt's.

But I said I'd embrace technology.
And commit to writing on a regular basis.
So here goes....

5 comments:

  1. Ta-da!! First step taken...and completley understood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sonja, I am so impressed! I long to be someone who can do this! And you've done it with finesse and sincerity and "zest" -- this has been my favorite work lately.

    I admire you for trying this out. I admire you for many things! Need to come by the store soon and share a coffee break! xoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome......like you are opening yourself up for something new and unexpected....like anything can happen...."I am going to write every day"....Great idea. Wendy (Disclaimer: Todd did not say this. lol)

    ReplyDelete